KIC Smart Fixtures utilize state of the art sensor technology and built-in electronics, in support of measuring and tracking key machine parameters and your machine’s overall performance. A machine is set to a defined recipe and data is collected and compared to previous runs, and/or tracked and charted over time.
The use of a PCB, or similar, for this task introduces additional variables and error into the equation – A PCB will break-down and start to lose mass after multiple runs; TC’s can break or come loose from the board; TC attachments can differ; etc.
The use of a fixture eliminates these variables and gives a fixed, repeatable measurement of the machine performance. And, with a smart fixture, the whole process is reliable and easy.
KIC Smart Reflow Analyzer
The Smart Fixture with Built-In Data Collection Module
Identify and Track Machine Performance and Stability
- Built-in conveyor speed measurement (No external sensors needed)
- Heat Transfer Index (HTI)™ for each zone
- Side-to-side and run-to-run comparisons
- Track individual zone performance over time
- PWI™ – instant process analysis with a single number
- Fast and accurate manual data collection
- Single screen overview with key machine information
- Measured zone temperatures
- Side-to-side uniformity per zone
- Oven settings
- Unique pallet design allows for more accurate measure of the ambient air temperature
- Use as machine validation /verification tool
- Familiar KIC Profiling Software 2G user interface
- Solder paste specification library for process related calculations
- SPC charting with Cpk for process specs: Cm/Cmk for machine related specs
- Profile stacking capabilities for multiple runs between downloading. 30 profile capability.
Advanced Hardware: Material and Design
- LCP (liquid crystal polymer) enclosure for better heat protection and fast cool-down between runs
- Robust and durable enclosure and shield drop tested from 5 feet onto a concrete floor
- Long lasting NiMH rechargeable batteries for a reliable and safe power source
- Both wall socket charging and USB charging direct from a computer
Built in convenience
- Intuitive insight into the oven stability
- Quick data access and sharing
- Real-time profiling via Wi-Fi through Smart Dock™ pairing using ANT technology (optional)
- Integrated data collection module – no separate profiler needed
- Automatic shutoff for improved battery life
- Secure and easy thermal shield opening and closing
- Instant data analysis
- Machine stability and repeatability
- Zone efficiency
- How well the profile accommodates the process window
HTI – Heat Transfer Index™
A measure of a zone’s energy transfer in a single number
The HTI™, or Heat Transfer Index, is a measure of the energy transfer occurring in a given zone. Effective heat transfer will generally yield a more homogeneous board temp (tight delta temperature across all components) and can allow for faster conveyor speeds (more throughput). The HTI value is calculated and displayed for each zone as a single number. The display of this index allows for fast and easy identification of changes in the performance of a given zone.