Heller Industries, founded in 1960, pioneered convection reflow ovens for soldering in the 1980’s. Over the years, we have partnered with our customers to continually refine our reflow soldering ovens to satisfy advanced applications requirements. By embracing challenge and change, we have earned the position of world leader in reflow soldering technology.
Heller’s commitment to customer-responsive product development is the foundation of our management philosophy. We understand the critical importance of listening to industry concerns. An interdisciplinary team reviews all feedback, suggestions and custom requests from the field, then develops new concepts in consultation with the customer. Many of Heller’s most important innovations, with broad market applications, have emerged from this process.
Since we introduced our first full convection reflow oven in 1987, Heller Industries has brought innovations and refinements to market at an accelerating rate. In the course of responding to forces that impel electronics assemblers to reduce their product development cycles, Heller has amassed considerable expertise in resolving reflow and curing issues. Having pioneered full convection reflow… now the standard of the industry… we have met, and continue to accept, major engineering challenges, including:
- Minimizing both nitrogen consumption and oxygen PPM for reflowing in inert atmospheres, to reduce users’ operating costs.
- Developing the first filter less solution to removing flux condensate from the cooling zone of nitrogen reflow ovens, to virtually eliminate maintenance requirements.
- Introducing the first reflow ovens with field-retrofittable nitrogen capabilities, to increase user’s economic flexibility.
- Designing the first dual rail ovens to save space, reduce cost and support both reflow and short-term curing for users.
- Improving curing productivity with a family of in-line vertical ovens for users of die attach, flip chip underfill and COB encapsulation applications.
Heller’s commitment to innovation assures you of keeping pace with dynamic, leading-edge technological change.
- Reflow soldering [view models]
- Voidless vacuum reflow soldering
- Dual lane & dual profile
- Curing & back-end semiconductor
Common to all Heller Reflow ovens
- Pure forced convection heating
- Advanced Windows operating system with:
- Data logging
- Alarm logging
- 3 T/C profiling with KIC Auto-Focus Power™ software
- ECD CPK software
- Air atmosphere processing
- Lead-Free processing
- Voidless vacuum soldering
- Fluxless formic acid soldering
- Pressure curing ovens (PCO)